1. What format of Fashionary can I find?
- Free online templates PDFs avaliable for downloads.
- Printed version
2. What is the difference between Fashionary templates and the traditional templates?
Unlike the traditional templates, the Fashionary templates are formed by dotted line and are barely visible, you can draw on the templates pages like you do on blank papers.
3. What is the paper used in Fashionary?
100 gsm vanilla paper, which the text or drawing won’t get through to the other side of the paper easily.
4. Why is Fashionary in this size?
The spread is A4 sized, which is easy to scan the whole spread to computer using normal scanner.
5. What is the Typography section in the information part?
It names the most commonly used fonts in fashion press industries, helping the designers to choose suitable fonts for presentation.
6. Why there is no backview for the templates?
The Fashionary templates are just an outline of figure – User can draw both front and back view on
the same template.
7. Why there is only 1 pose for the template?
We did researches before and found that most of the designers adopt figures in the same pose when they sketch but apply different poses when they draw illustrations. As Fashionary is for fast sketching, we decide to keep it in one pose.
1. Is there any technical drawing templates to purchase?
Research on technical drawing templates is being conducted – but we do have flat drawing template available for download in Fashionary website in the meantime. The technical template will be kept improving.
2. Where can I buy it apart from online store?
It’s currently available in Paris’ Colette, at Books Import in Milan, Page One in HK, Restored in Amsterdam, NovoLouvre in Curitiba and Cumulus in Singapore.
1. Can I pay with my credit card?
Yes, we accept credit card and Paypal.
2. Is there any alternative payment methods?
Other from Paypal, we also accept other transaction channels, e.g. Western Union and Moneybookers. Please contact us for transaction request.
3. Is there any discount for the bulk order?
We do not offer discount in this moment but the shipping cost will be much lower for the bulk order.
1. How can I check the shipping information?
You will receive a notification email from us once the book is shipped and a tracking number will bb provided. You can always check the status of the books with the tracking number.
2. How long will it take to get my Fashionary
It usually takes 5-7 days for Asia area, 7-10 days for US, and 10-14 days for Europe and other places.
3. Which mailing courier will you use to send Fashionary?
We send the books by Hong Kong registered airmail. You need to sign it upon receive.
4. If I want Fashionary to arrive in 1-3 days, what can I do?
We can send it by DHL/ Fedex(1-2 days) or HK speedpost (3-5 days) but there will be an extra charge. Please contact us for details.
5. How will you pack the books?
We will packed firmly with an bubble envelope. If you order more than 2, we will pack it with bubble paper and thick packaging paper.
1. I have some idea for Fashionary, and.....
Come on, don’t hesitate to drop us a note in the Feedback section!
Changelog & Updates
1. What is the update from version 2 (current version) to the previous version?
The current version Fashionary is a major upgrade from the previous version.
In total, 35% more content are clammed into the information part and most of the previous content are re-written and updated.
We keep the number of pages the same as to maintain the portability of the book.
2. What is the differences between mens & womens edition?
The mens version contains information specially for menswear designers. All the information is menswear-oriented, e.g. measurements, patterns, flat drawings, construction details (menswear exclusive), books and bookmark, etc. Of course, the drawing templates are all in male figures.
- A new cover material is used, more durable and better hand feeling.
- The Flat Drawings section is rewritten. Bag, hat, shoes, button, neckwear are all introduced in Accessories section.
- Fabric Dictionary section is added, it Includes 160 fabric descriptions and common fabric pattern.
- Seams & Stitches section is added.
- Book & Bookmarks section is updated. Online shop, makeup, hair, bag and shoes reference are added.
- Laundry label is expanded from just US standard to US, EU and JP standard.
- Spec Sheets is rewritten.
- Brand list is updated to include latest brand.
- Online color generators are added to the Color & Print section.
- More cities are included in the Catwalk Event section.